The blog name is one of the most important elements of your site. You want it to be easy to remember and match your content. Sometimes your first choice may not be perfect, and you do not need to be stuck with it. In this post, I will show you how to change your Blogger title and tagline in less than a minute!
How to find a perfect name
Coming up with your blog title can be tough. You are shaping your site’s identity, and the decision should not be made lightly. Here are a few ideas if you are stumped on where to begin or if you have been thinking about changing your blog title:
- Assemble a list of buzzwords from your industry or niche. If you have a photography site, some of your buzzwords might be “camera,” “click,” “photo,” or “pose.” A hodgepodge of relevant words may help trigger a relevant blog title.
- Make it short and easy to remember. A brief blog title boosts memorability and catchiness. A good rule of thumb to follow is: Keep it Simple, Short, and Memorable.
- A blog title should be unique. As long as it’s not too wildly off-the-wall, a unique blog name will stick in people’s minds.
- To come up with the perfect blog title name, you should first consider who it is you’re trying to reach. What is their language? Their style? Their age? Their income? Their education? Their level of sophistication? Their interests? A blog title should be appealing in particular to your target audience and not merely appealing overall.
- If you’re still stumped, seek inspiration from a map, consider using an acronym, explore the use of foreign words, use your own name or nickname, get inspiration from mythology or your favorite book, or thumb through a dictionary.
When you’ve come up with your title and tagline, you’ll need to add it to your blog.
RELATED: 6 Tips for Writing Attention Grabbing Post Titles
Change blogger title and tagline
When you have your blog name ready, it is time to add it to your Blogger blog.
Login to your account and go to the Settings tab on the left. It will show all the blog settings on the right. The blog title and tagline (also called Description) will be located at the very top in the basic section of the settings.
Click on the Title or Description to edit it.
Type in your desired title and description (aka tagline). Some Bloggers leave the description blank and let the title be the show’s star. Once you click “Save” your new title and description will automatically appear on your blog.
If you decide to feature a tagline (or description), here are a few tips to remember:
- A good tagline captures the essence of what your brand is about.
- A good tagline helps people quickly understand why they want to connect with you or what benefit you offer them.
- A good tagline is succinct. Under 5 words is a good rule of thumb.
- A good tagline aids in cementing your brand into readers’ minds so that they remember you.
Your title and tagline are the first things your readers will see when they enter your site. Spend some time brainstorming and narrowing down options to find the perfect fit for what you want to convey.
I was able to add a description but there is a second box that still says “there is nothing here.” How do I remove that box?
Can you please contact us at [email protected] and send a printscreen of this error? I’m not sure where did you get it.